Explainer videos are really cool, but there’s no point in simply admiring them for being engaging, and fun. Why not create them for your own brand?
Yes, this guide is meant to walk you through three of the best explainer video makers in 2023. Even though most people would not want to use the software and end up hiring an animation studio to do it for them.
I still believe that this guide holds its own value, and might just be perfect for those who’re on a tight budget, or particularly those who would want to experiment something new or produce an explainer all by themselves.
Know that the format for this blog is pros and cons for each explainer video maker. Our goal is to ensure that you’re able to weigh pros and cons, and make your decision with ease.
So, without wasting any time, let’s dive right into it!
Let’s start with an explainer video maker that is not just super engaging, but also brings an old-school vibe to your explainer videos.
VideoScribe is specially known for creating eye-catching whiteboard animated explainer videos.
Images and characters coming to life with a hand-drawn not only piques high-level of viewer interest, but also work perfectly to inform and educate at the same time.
Now, let us look at some pros and cons for this explainer video maker;
- You get an extensive library of professional video templates
- There’s a full pack of hand-drawing pens, erasers and much more
- You can create your videos according to different aspect ratios
- You also gain access to voiceover recording while creating
- A bit on the expensive side
- Lack of customization
- Not suitable for animated explainers or live-action presentations
Speaking of explainer video makers, most brands prefer working with a studio over using a tool as it can take a good amount of time to really get the hang of it.
Plus, the quality might never equate the professional feel, and customization offered from a company that makes explainer videos.
Additionally, brands want to engage with users using animated explainer videos. Visuals of an animated explainer are far more enticing, and the dreamy characters work well to create more heartfelt moments for the audience.
That’s where Powtoon comes in. It’s not just the best tool for animated explainer, but there’s a list of extensive features that are on offer;
- Comes with a character builder, allowing you to create avatars
- Motion capture feature to animate movements of character
- 40+ templates for people who’re newbies
- A bit higher on the pricing
- Limited level of customization
- Very old-school in terms of design and character aesthetics
Probably regarded as the best explainer video maker, Synthesia is gaining raving fans by every passing day.
Even though the concept is fairly new, the recent buzz around AI tools and their widespread use have only made the tool seem more like an essential.
The tool offers you the facility of a human presenter, which is not actually human, but a made-up AI avatar.
- No need to record anyone
- No need to pay for expensive voiceover artists
- Generate videos with simple text input
- You can even create your own avatar
- Synthesia supports more than 120 languages and accents
- You get a library of 125 avatars, each having diverse traits
What’s even better is that you don’t need to write scripts anymore. If you’re not really into writing, it will take care of that too. The AI-powered tool can generate enticing scripts on its own.
- Creator plan starts with 67 USD/month
- Does not offer animated characters
- AI Avatars are not perfectly equal to human presenters
3 Reasons to not invest in Explainer video maker
Even though the explainer video makers provide high level of convenience to users, there are certain limitations that should be kept in mind;
- If you don’t want to compromise on quality
The first trade of to using these explainer video makers is a compromise on quality. You will never be able to achieve the finish of a professionally made explainer video.
Know that video production is not easy. In addition, the pre-defined templates for characters and animation might just not do the trick for you.
- You have the budget and time
If you have the budget to land your project with an explainer video company, you may do it right away. For one, nothing replaces the professional touch of an explainer company. The team you hire will work tirelessly, and will stay connected with you throughout all stages of video production.
- If you wish to stand out from the rest
There’s another big reason to not invest in an explainer video maker. And, that’s uniqueness. Template-based explainers are readily available and you can get them for almost no price.
So, if you really want to standout from the rest, investing in an animation company might just be the appropriate thing to do. Here’s a complete breakdown of explainer video production cost for you.
Let’s wrap this one up. Above we gave you a detailed guide on three of the best explainer video makers that are currently on the market. From VideoScribe to Powtoon and Synthesia, we covered three of the best in great detail.
Now whether you want an explainer in whiteboard, or animated, or with a live-action presenter, you can weigh the pros and cons for each, and decide with ease.
Hope you find this guide helpful.